Pumpkins, rustling leaves, and more. We were ready for some fall fun on October 18th!
Our annual school carnival was a Fall Festival this year! Despite the chilly forecast, we had games for students, yummy concessions, pumpkin painting, and more. As always, volunteers made our events a fun time for students. Check out photos from the event!
We planned tons of fun games for families to enjoy, including:
- Spiderweb Sling: Students sit around a spiderweb on the floor and use popsicle stick catapults to get their spider to the center of the web.
- Apple Stacking: Two students race each other to see who can be the first to stack five apples.
- Pumpkin Chuckin’: Students underhand toss pumpkins into one of three baskets.
- Boil, Boil, Toil & Trouble: Students compete to see who will be the first to roll all the needed potion ingredients into their cauldron.
- Monster sMash: Students have three underhand tosses to smash all the monsters down.
- Ghosts in the Graveyard: Students use bowling balls to “send” ghosts back to their “resting places”.
- Ping Pong Pumpkin: Students bounce “pumpkin seeds” (ping pong balls) back into the pumpkin (game board).
- Dem Dancing Bones: Students race each other to put a skeleton back together.
- Witch Toss: Students have three attempts to toss a ring onto a witch’s hat.
- Needle in a haystack: Students have 30 seconds to search the haystack and find the needle.
- Junk Food Walk: Students stop on their candy corn-shaped marker when the music stops and the winning marker gets a yummy prize.
- Eyeball Relay: Balance the eyeball in a skeleton’s palm and carefully race to the cauldron.
Pumpkin Painting and Costumes
Mini-pumpkins were available for students to paint and take home. Here are some of the gorgeous creations! The creative costumes students chose to wear were fun to see, too.
We made our fundraising goal for this event through admission wristbands and raffle board tickets. The funds we raised are going toward purchasing Dreambox access for all students for the rest of the school year.